Thursday, October 25, 2007

Simply put, or maybe not

You do not start to become who you want to be until you are honest with yourself about who you are right now.

Sometimes you need to be honest with yourself about even the stuff that "sucks" about you. From time to time I feel like I am trying to force myself to be a certain way or to think a certain way, for whatever reason. But in forcing myself, I can never fully assume what it is that I think I should assume. It isn't until I have let go - or rather honestly assessed that I am being stupid or forceful or dishonest with myself - that I am able to truly see what it is that I want to become, that I should become, and how to get there.

Funny how brute force/self-fascism doesn't work with ourselves either. We hate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"update your blog"-HAL

Scooter said...

Hey! Dooooood! Post more!